ACCEPTABLE USE POLICY
The services, website, software and systems made available through the website "iSkor.com", related websites and other platforms (collectively "Services") are provided by iSkor Pty Limited ACN 161 448 460 ("iSkor", "we", "us" or "our") of Level 9, 99 York Street, Sydney, New South Wales, 2000, Australia.
We provide users including visitors browsing content ("you" or "your") with the Services subject to our Terms of Service ("Terms") which govern your access to and use of the Services.
This Acceptable Use Policy ("Policy") sets out your rights and obligations when using the Services and includes those uses of the Services which are prohibited. It is intended to assist you in getting the most out of the Services while respecting the use and enjoyment of the Services by others.
Please read this Policy carefully. If you have any questions please contact us.
This Policy should be read in conjunction with the Terms. By accessing or using the Services you agree to be bound by and comply with the Terms and this Policy. Your failure to do so may lead to the suspension or termination of your access to the Services.
The relevant law of this Policy is the Applicable Law as defined in the Terms which you accept as a condition of your use of the Services.
If you are located in a jurisdiction outside the Applicable Law, you agree to abide by the Applicable Law. The laws of the place where you are located are referred to in the balance of this Policy as the "Local Law".
OPINION AND COMMENT
You agree that in relation to your use of the Services, in particular in the rating of any thing, that:
- you will express your opinion and comment in a genuine, conscientious, open and constructive manner;
- in expressing your opinion in respect of any thing to be rated, you will do so using only one user account which must be associated with a genuine email address; and
- any comment or other expression of opinion must not be offensive or made contrary to this Policy.
You agree with us that you are responsible for your actions in using the Services. You agree that you will not use, attempt to use or allow the Services to be used to:
store, send or distribute any content or material which is:
- restricted, prohibited or otherwise unlawful under the Applicable Law or Local Law; or
- likely to be offensive or obscene to a reasonable person;
- store, send or distribute confidential information, material or other content which is subject to the copyright or intellectual property rights of another person, unless you have a lawful right to do so;
do anything, including store, send or distribute material, which:
- breaches another person's human rights;
- is illegal, fraudulent or otherwise prohibited under the Applicable Law or Local Law;
- discriminates, defames, harasses, threatens, intimidates, bullies, abuses, menaces, offends any person;
- violates the privacy of any person;
- incites hatred or violence by or against any person;
- otherwise gives rise to civil or criminal proceedings under the Applicable Law or Local Law;
- breaches any code, standard or content requirement stipulated by any competent authority under the Applicable Law or Local Law; or
- interferes with, restricts or hinders any person from accessing, using or enjoying the use of the internet or the Services;
- attempt to gain access to the account or user information of any other user of the Services;
- make inappropriate contact with children or minors;
- access, store, send or distribute child pornography or child abuse material;
- forge or disguise header information, IP addresses or email source addresses or other user information including identity information;
- access, monitor or use any data, systems or networks, including another person's private information, without their express authority;
- attempt to probe, scan or test the vulnerability of any data, system or network in relation to the Services;
- compromise the security or integrity of any network or system in relation to the Services;
- access, download, store, send or distribute any virus or other harmful program or material using the Services;
- tamper with, hinder the operation of or make unauthorised modifications to iSkor's network or systems including the Services; or
- authorise, aid, abet, encourage or incite any other person to do or attempt to do any of the things referred to in this clause.
CONTENT IN BREACH OF ACCEPTABLE USE POLICY
You agree that iSkor will have the right, in its absolute discretion, to remove content which is offensive, pornographic or does not comply with the iSkor Acceptable Use Policy. Content not complying with the Acceptable Use Policy including unacceptable, objectionable or offensive content ("Inappropriate Content") will be removed within 24 hours of iSkor becoming aware of such content. iSkor also reserves the right to terminate the account of any user posting Inappropriate Content.
- You agree that you will not use, attempt to use or allow the Services to be used to send or distribute unsolicited commercial electronic messages ("Spam") as referred to in the Spam Act 2003 (NSW), the United States of America Can-Spam Act 2003 or similar legislation under Applicable Law or Local Law (collectively "Spam Laws").
- You expressly agree not to send or distribute unsolicited advertising, bulk electronic messages or otherwise attempt to overload any network or system, including the networks and systems utilized for the Services, in breach of the Spam Laws or otherwise.
- You agree to indemnify us and hold us harmless in respect of any loss or damage suffered or incurred by us as a direct or indirect result of your breach of your obligations under the Spam Laws.
SECURITY AND UNAUTHORISED ACCESS
You agree to:
- take reasonable steps to ensure that others do not gain unauthorised access to the Services or your iSkor account;
- take reasonable steps to ensure that offensive or obscene content is not accessed by children or minors on or through the Services;
- immediately give written notice to us of any unauthorised or attempted unauthorised use of the Services, your account or other breach or attempted breach of your security or our security systems; and
- have in place appropriate protection of your systems including your computer to prevent circulation of Spam and malicious programmes using the Services.
You acknowledge that you are prohibited from violating or attempting to violate the security of the Services including by:
- accessing material not intended for you;
- logging into a server or account which you are not authorised to access;
- attempting to breach security or authentication measures;
- attempting to interfere with, disrupt or disable the provision of the Services to any user, host or network including by overloading, flooding, mail bombing, crashing and denial of service attack; and
- taking any action in order to obtain services you are not entitled to obtain.
It is your responsibility to ensure that you do not infringe the intellectual property rights, including copyright, of any person in relation to any material you access, download, transmit, copy, store, send or distribute using the Services.
You must not use the Services to copy, adapt, reproduce, distribute, use or otherwise make available to other persons any content or material contrary to the lawful copyright of the copyright owner under the Applicable Law or Local Law.
You expressly agree to strictly observe our Copyright Policy which is available here.
OBLIGATION TO REPORT
Any complaints or concerns regarding any breach or suspected breach of this Policy should be directed to us. Please include particulars of the relevant breach including a copy of the offending email or other material to enable us to investigate and resolve your complaint or concern.
ABOUT THIS POLICY
Reference to a "person" includes any natural person or group of persons and other legal entity under Applicable Law or Local Law.
To the extent of any inconsistency between this Policy and the Terms, the Terms will prevail.
We may amend this Policy by posting a revised version of this Policy on the iSkor.com website and, in accordance with the Terms, your continued use of the Services after such amendment will constitute acceptance of this Policy as amended.
Effective Date: 1 January 2013